Moving has been ranked as the third most stressful life event people will go through, falling short only of a divorce and the death of a loved one. If you own horses, the odds are good that you will have to move them somewhere, someday, whether it is traveling with them to a show or moving them to your new home. Moving can be just as stressful on animals, including horses, as it is on humans, so it is important that you thoroughly research how to prepare horses for your move and understand how to make the transition as smooth and easy as possible, for both your horses and yourself.
When learning how to prepare horses for your move, it is important that you turn to reliable sources to get your information. The obvious first step is to get your horse used to the travel trailer and loading onto the truck or trailer safely. If possible, purchase the truck or trailer ahead of time, so that your horse can begin getting accustomed to it, and it’s not a shock on the day of the move.
Another important factor in getting your horses ready for a move is to familiarize yourself with what they will need to wear. Take stock of your current inventory, and know what pieces and items you will need to purchase. Halters, head collars, boots and bandages are all items to consider when transporting your horses.
It is also crucial to consider the outside temperature and keep your horses’ comfort in mind. Be sure your trailer has plenty of ventilation and airflow, and stop often for water breaks, particularly if the weather is hot. Horses can become dehydrated easily, and it’s important to do all that you can to counteract this. Conversely, if the weather is extremely cold, it is also important to keep your horse covered during transit, to avoid sickness.
Buying Horse Property in North Texas
Buying horse property in North Texas can be an overwhelming challenge, since each horse property has its own set of attractive amenities to offer. On occasion, buyers sometimes feel that they just haven’t found the right place, or that they would be paying for features and amenities that they don’t necessarily need. If this has been or is the case for you, don’t fear – if you can’t find the perfect horse property for you in North Texas, you can always build it! North Texas has plenty of options when it comes to land for sale, and it is the perfect terrain for horse properties.
My team and I can show you available properties in a wide range of North Texas communities, including the following:
- SouthLake. Perfectly situated in the heart of North Texas and located just minutes from DFW airport, SouthLake offers great shopping and restaurants
- Bartonville. Bartonville is a small town with plenty of charm, located close to the city and all it has to offer
- Argyle. Argyle is the best of all worlds for a family new to the DFW area, and boasts great schools and neighborhoods
- Gainesville. Gainesville is best described as a large city that has maintained its small town feel and charm.
- Denton. Best known for its two universities, University of North Texas and Texas Woman’s University, Denton is at the top of the Metroplex’s “Golden Triangle”
- Frisco. Frisco is an extremely popular destination in North Texas, and has been said to be the fastest growing city in the United States
- Prosper. Prosper was originally a small, agricultural town located just north of Frisco, but has recently flourished and grown
- Celina. Located along Hwy 289, Celina is currently undergoing rapid growth and expansion, due in part to its proximity to Frisco.
- Oak Point. Oak Point offers a beautiful country setting along the shores of Lake Lewisville.
When you’re ready to start your search for North Texas horse properties, or if you would like more information about Argyle Texas real estate or how to prepare horses for your move, you have come to the right place! I am Sarah Boyd, and my husband and I buy, sell, and invest in North Texas real estate. In addition, I also ride and show horses, so connecting buyers with their dream horse properties is truly a passion of mine. From residences to ranches, I am an expert in the North Texas area and know the needs of horse owners better than anyone else. I strive to offer all of my clients the best in customer service, and have maintained a consistent level of satisfaction among all of my clients. I would love to put my skills and expertise to work for you! Browse through my current North Texas listings, and then call or connect with me today to get started!